TechTip: Accessing Your Clipboard

 I use copy and past quite a bit in my work just as every knowledge worker does. Recently I've been playing with Window's different copy and paste options and have hit on two that I am finding helpful. 

The first is pasting plain text instead of formated text using CTRL + SHIFT + V. An example of this is copying and pasting information from an Excel spreadsheet into an email. If I just used CTRL + C and CTRL + V I get something that looks like;



But if I use CTRL + C and CTRL + SHIFT + V I get this;

1 Objective 1 Section 3.1: Determine whether a relation represents a function.

2 Objective 2 Section 3.1: Find the value of a function.

1 Objective 3 Section 3.1: Determine whether a function is one-to-one.

1 Objective 4 Section 3.1: Use the vertical line test to identify functions. Graph the functions listed in the library of functions.


This is handy if I want to edit the information, or remove formatting.

The second thing I've been using is accessing the clipboard using WINDOWS + V. I regularly copy and paste the same feedback to students and having to keep going back to a separate file can get tedious. In copying a number of different pieces of feedback I can select the right feedback for an individual student. 

via GIPHY

This has saved me a lot of time going back and copying and pasting different bits of information. For example when I create and post a video to YouTube I generally embed the video in a course announcement, and need to copy and paste the video title, description, and embed code. In using WINDOWS + V and opening the clipboard I can copy all three pieces of this information in one window, and then paste all three separate pieces of information into the correct place in my announcement.

What simple hacks, functionality, or features of apps or programs do you use that not many other people know about? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Thinking Classrooms: Planning for Winter 2024

Culinary Math and Visual Mnemonics